Hi There! One thing I’ve noticed throughout different events I’ve attended is that not a lot of people are prepared when it comes to their resume and interviews. Below are a few helpful tips to keep in mind during your interview.
- Try to limit the amount of times you say “um” or “like”. In fact, if you didn’t say it at all that would be great. The person interviewing you understands that your nervous; however, that doesn’t mean they want to hear it in your voice.
- Make eye contact. When in an interview, it is crucial that you maintain eye contact. Nothing is more annoying than talking to someone that can’t look directly at you.
- Dress to impress. Regardless of whether you are a man or a woman, you should dress well for your interview. When someone comes in to an interview looking nice, it makes them look more put together and capable than someone who shows up in ripped jeans and a crop top.
- Do some research on the company you’re applying for. Before the interview, it’s important to do a little research on the company. You should be able to answer questions such as, “what’s your favorite part about the company,” “What would you bring to the table,” and “Why this company compared to others similar to it.”
- BE PREPARED. Show up on time, nicely dressed, with resume in hand ready to rock your interview.!