If you’re like me, you hate spending money have no money to spend. That being said, you also don’t want to sit around the house all day. Here’s a few things you can do that will get you out of the house for practically free!
- Go on a hike – Going on hikes are a great way to hang out with friends and enjoy nature! I’m lucky enough to live near a bunch of different trails to go on hikes. If you don’t live near any hiking trails, see if there are any walking trails!
- Take a walk around your neighborhood – This may seem silly, but it can be a ton of fun! My husband and I love taking our dog for walks around our community. It’s a great way to meet your neighbors as well!
- Visit a surrounding city/town – Check and see if there are any little towns or cities within an hours drive from you. Take a couple of friends and explore! Some of the best little shops and restaurants are hidden in places like that.
- If you have kids/dogs – take them to a local park. Let them run out all their steam at the park! Get involved and play with them!
- Go to local events – Many towns have free (or almost free) local events. Keep yourself informed so that you don’t miss out!
- Use gift cards (save them when you first get them) – My husband and I got a ton of gift cards for our wedding. Instead of spending them right away, we saved them. One extremely boring weekend, we grabbed one of the gift cards and went on a little shopping spree! It ended up being a ton of and allowed for great quality time together.
- Get together for game nights with friends – Growing up I thought games were super dumb and for “little kids”. Boy was I WRONG! Grab a couple beers & games and you have yourself quite the get together! You can get many games cheap at Target or Walmart.
- Beach Day – Take a day trip to the beach. If you live within 5 hours of a beach than this is totally possible. Get a group of friends together and road trip to the beach, stay all day, and then drive back at night. I guarantee it’ll be a day chocked full of fun and memories.